Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Quest to Post Better Pictures

What a day! If I were a geek, I'd be in geek heaven!

As part of my job at IUPUI, I write a newsletter for the Staff Council. I am getting ready to take the newsletter in a different direction and wanted to learn how to manipulate photos to have them appear more sharply on the page, so I registered for a Adobe CS5 Photoshop class. Today was the day of the class. I have to say Adobe makes their products look difficult with all the gadgets appearing on the screen, but they also make the gadgets do some incredible things. Once you figure out what all the icons do, a whole world of imagination opens. I have some practicing to do before I can say I have the hang of it, but I have a better sense of what to do the next time a picture comes to me that isn't quite bright enough.

You know how celebrities seem to look so good in pictures? Well, thanks to Photoshop, we can all look like celebrities! At the close of the class, the instructor showed us how pictures are manipulated to make everyone look spiffy and thin. I'm not sure why I'm on a quest to lose weight. I can just Photoshop me into looking beach ready!

I also learned about OneNote in Microsoft Office today. I've used the product before, but it wouldn't sync from one device to another. If I can't see notes I've written at work for a project on other devices, how is that supposed to help? Thanks to a new iPhone app, the problem is solved. OneNote has an app that allows you to sync your notes from your computer to your phone and vice versa. Now if I just had an iPad, I could see my notes in larger type! Are you reading this honey? An iPad would sure make a nice birthday present!

Perhaps I'll Photoshop some pictures and post them to this blog. The quest now is to find the picture to alter! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment